A dedicated team of Partnership & Development support staff are in place within the Democratic Services section of Glasgow City Council to facilitate the Community Planning process, to manage area-based activities, and to help improve public services across Glasgow.
Staff support the Community Planning process at both a citywide and local level through a network of area teams. Staff also serve the three Sector Partnerships and twenty-one Area Partnerships across the city.
Specific roles of the support staff include:
At City-Wide Level
supporting city-wide services to work together to provide better public services
- supporting city-wide services to work together to provide better public services
- managing centrally relevant programmes of activity and funding allocations
- co-ordinating the implementation of relevant regeneration funding and overseeing progress toward agreed objectives and outcomes
- developing city-wide programmes
At Sector-Wide Level
- co-ordinating Local Community Planning Partnership activity and overseeing targeted regeneration work
- managing area-based programmes of activity and funding allocations
- facilitating joint working arrangements and joint planning among local Community Planning partners
- working with local residents and representative bodies to foster more effective community engagement within the community planning process
- supporting local work plans and servicing the Sector and Area Partnerships
- developing local work plans and associated action plans on community planning priorities
- management and monitoring of local investment
For further information about the work of our local teams, please visit the Local Areas section of this site.