Community Facilities Social Enterprise Fund - 2015/16
Call for Applications
Glasgow City Council is inviting applications to the Community Facilities Social Enterprise Fund for 2015/16.
The aim of the Fund is to support local communities to make better use of existing infrastructure; particularly those buildings that are currently underused or face difficulty. It encourages the development and long term sustainability of organisations and provides the opportunity for applicants to build their capacity. It is targeted at organisations which are on the pathway to community management of Council facilities.
The Community Facilities Social Enterprise Fund has three broad themes:
- Business Income and Development
- Activity Development
- Governance and Organisational Development
The Fund will help to:
- Support the operational and business capacity of communities to manage their venues and projects.
- Support local people to develop their creative and entrepreneurial skills to grow and expand services, generate revenue and improve financial sustainability.
- Facilitate community involvement and skills development resulting in projects that are initiated, designed, managed, and run by the local community.
- Create a sustainable physical infrastructure which provides safe, accessible venues that support people through the different stages of life.
- Assist communities to adapt and transform the fabric of buildings and internal spaces in ways which connect and resonate with them and their locality.
Please note: it is anticipated that the level of demand for the Fund will outweigh the funding available therefore any funding previously provided to applicants from the Fund will be taken into account.
To establish if you are eligible to apply please email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. A representative from Jobs & Business Glasgow will then contact you to discuss your project, and if eligible, the application process will commence.
Applicants will be able to apply for three types of support:
- Governance and Capacity Building Support by Jobs & Business Glasgow. This support will be commissioned through Jobs & Business Glasgow rather than by means of a direct grant to the applicant.
- A mix of support from Jobs & Business Glasgow, as above, plus financial support for the development of services/premises that improve the financial sustainability of the organisation.
- Purely financial support for the development of services/premises that improve the financial sustainability of the organisation.
If you are successful, all funds allocated must be spent by 31st March 2016.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 6th March 2015 at 5pm
In partnership with Glasgow City Council, Jobs & Business Glasgow and Glasgow Life.