A dedicated team of support staff are in place within the City Council to facilitate the Community Planning Process, to manage area-based regeneration activities, and to help improve public services across Glasgow.
Staff support the Community Planning process at both a citywide and local level through a network of area teams. Staff also serve the network of 10 local Community Planning Partnership Boards across the city.
Specific roles of the support staff include:
At City-Wide Level
supporting city-wide services to work together to provide better public services
managing centrally relevant programmes of activity and funding allocations
co-ordinating the implementation of relevant regeneration funding and overseeing progress toward agreed objectives and outcomes
developing city-wide programmes, such as those relating to each of the five strategic themes
At Area-Wide Level
- co-ordinating Local Community Planning Partnership activity and overseeing targeted regeneration work
- managing area-based programmes of activity and funding allocations
- facilitating joint working arrangements and joint planning among local Community Planning partners
- working with local residents and representative bodies to foster more effective community engagement within the community planning process
- supporting local work plans and servicing the Local Community Planning Partnership Board and Area Co-ordination Groups
- developing local work plans and associated action plans on community planning themes - such as working, learning, healthy, safe and vibrant - in line with the main Glasgow CPP priorities within the Community Plan
- management and monitoring of local investment